- Random Guy who comes up to talk to my guy friend: So I think that chasing in women shows lack of self-esteem...
- Me: You mean, when they are the ones hitting on a guy?
- Random Guy: No, when they are waiting to be chased by a guy, I think they are really insecure
- Me: But that is socially constructed, men are taught to be be "hunters" and women are taught to wait to be chased..
- Random Guy: No it's not socially constructed, it's in the human nature
- Me: No, it's socially constructed.
You know what? You fucking annoy me. When I say that things suck I don’t want you answering me “But what should we do? This is where we were born and live! That’s how things are!” and “If you don’t like it so much and you want to leave then leave!”
Fuck no. I’ll do what the fuck I want to do whether that is leaving or not leaving. But it should be pretty obvious that there’s also the alternative of changing things for the better and trying to act better and not just sitting in your goddamn chair telling me that that’s life and “what can you do about it and what are you doing about it?” Well guess fucking what at least I’m admitting that the situation right now has gone down the drain and I don’t like just pretending it’s okay and doing mediocre things just for the sake of going out and having fun. And no I don’t believe that “with good friends everywhere’s fine” because it’s not. I’m sure I wouldn’t like having no food or job or house or freedom of speech because it’s alright I can hang out with my mates and they’re the best people in the goddamn universe. Things are only getting worse and they will continue because people sit on their asses and say “oh well I can’t change it”. Maybe you should try changing yourself at least and your views about life and owning it.
Unknown. (via rosenplantzandguildenfern
Ryan Gosling, in a letter protesting the NC-17 rating of ‘Blue Valentine’. The rating was based on one consensual sex scene, in which he performs cunnilingus on Michelle Williams. (via agarfields)
I love this man. I really do.